Are all terrorists Muslims? Or all Muslims are terrorists? Well, open your eyes, read, and think again. Not all Muslims are terrorists. Yes, agree but the number is not even close to what many think. The fact is in the last five years, less than 2% of all terrorist attacks in the European Union were “religiously motivated”.
A ThinkProgress analysis puts forth these surprising but real figures for the West and conservatives to ponder:
- In 2013, there were 152 terrorist attacks in EU countries. Two of them were religiously motivated.
- In 2012, there were 219 terrorist attacks in EU countries. Six of them were religiously motivated.
- In 2011, none of the 174 terrorist attacks in EU countries were affiliated or inspired by terrorist organizations.
- In 2010, there were 249 terrorist attacks in EU countries. Three of them were considered by Europol to be Islamist.
- In 2009, of 294 terrorist attacks in EU countries, only one was related to Islamist militancy.
The Charlie Hebdo massacre incited shock, disgust and horror across the world. However, in the global outburst of solidarity and denunciation of cruelty, a fact was lost that so few of the terrorist attacks carried out in European Union countries were actually related to Islamist militancy. A majority of terrorist acts in EU, in reality, were carried out by separatist organizations.
To read more click the link at the top!