There is a word in the Arab language called ‘makhtub` and it gives me the willies! I heard that it is mentioned in the Tora somewhere aswell and it means”It is written!” Which is to say that from the moment you are born until you expel your final breath, everything you say, feel or do is pre-destined. If you truly grasp the enormity of this concept, you want to just lay down and die, for what is the use of ever trying!?
I hear you saying: “But the Lord gave man the freedom of choice!” What choice is that, when everything was written down even before you were born? And even if you choose to live as good a life as you possibly can, what if you get caught up in circumstances beyond your control, as many of us are?
Let us say you are a father or a mother, who works hard every single day to provide the best things in life for your children and for your partner and then you get caught up in a war (probably over some silly dispute concerning religion) and you and your family are subjected to the most horrifying ordeals, being innocents? What kind of deity lets these kinds of things happen?
And on the other hand the nasties are thriving, probably because the devil takes care of his own. Whichever way you look at it, I choose to stay on the good side, whatever happens, but it makes me doubt everything and yes.. it makes me angry! Why do bad things happen to good people?It is so grossly unfair! But then, who ever said life was fair?
What about worrying? No amount of worrying has ever changed the outcome of any given situation. Yes, but were are human after all. Sometimes I find myself wanting to kick my own behind for having worried over something, when after all the anxiety, what I wanted or needed came to happen in the end anyway. But there is never any guarantee, is there!??
My biggest worry is: Am I going to die on the streets like a dog, like so many of my friends, or will the Lord grant me some more happy years? In any case, I shall ignore Makhtub and do my damndest to ensure that the outcome be positive! On this upbeat note, I hug you all. Ciao from Ralphie and may the Light be with you!
- Flying Through Space on a Flaming Ball of Lava (puppuccinosbyfrancesscott.com)
- Crazy train (postalice.wordpress.com)
- It’s What We Perceive (jordanrome001.wordpress.com)
- Fear……Muahahaaaaaaa (javansblog.wordpress.com)
- Guest Post: Praying Against Panic And Anxiety (bigcircumstance.com)
- A Lesson in Humility (adisplayofsplendor.com)
- And then, you doubt… (khrystleraineduste.wordpress.com)
- The Best Is Yet To Come (aviesplace.wordpress.com)
- It is time to write this down… (susanwu12.wordpress.com)
- 10 Hacks to Help You Stop Worrying Now (lifehack.org)