Lieven‘s recipe: Feeds more or less ten people!
1/2 cabbage, cut into pieces
1/2 kg carrots, cut into pieces
1 kg Brussels sprouts
2 turnips, cut into pieces (optional)
2 leaks, cut into pieces
1/2 white celery, cut into pieces
2 big onions, cut into pieces
2 potatoes, cut into pieces
10 sausages or 10 meatballs
1 small ham
pepper and salt
1 l meat broth
Season the meat, except for the sausages or meatballs, with pepper and salt and cook in butter until golden brown.
Put the meat in a big cooking pot and cover with the vegetables, except for the potatoes and the cabbage. Cover everything with meat broth and let simmer. When the meat is tender, add the sausages or meatballs, the potatoes and the cabbage.
When the potatoes are tender, the dish is ready.
You could also add lamb shank.
P.S.: I should add, no I must add that this meal tastes even better the second day!
- Finnish mince and cabbage gratin (nami-nami.blogspot.com)
- Mr.CBB’s Sausage Potato Cabbage Tomato Stew (canadianbudgetbinder.com)
- Mix It Up Monday: Sausage, Pepper, and Cannellini Bean Stew (potsandplots.wordpress.com)
- ‘Saucisson d’Ardenne’ recognised as protected geographic product (telegraph.co.uk)
- Grass-Fed Beef Stew (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Chop Chop (chopboston.wordpress.com)
- Kielbasa Stew (recipesformylife.wordpress.com)