On their way to get married, a couple was involved in a fatal car accident. The couple found themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting they began to wonder; Could they possibly get married in Heaven?
When St. Peter arrived they asked him if they could get married in heaven. St. Peter said, “I don’t know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out,” and he left.
The couple sat and waited for an answer… for a couple of months.
While they waited, they discussed the pros and cons. If they were allowed to get married in Heaven, should they get married, what with the eternal aspect of it all? “What if it doesn’t work? Are we stuck in Heaven together forever?”
Another month passed. St. Peter finally returned, looking somewhat bedraggled.
“Yes,” he informed the couple, “You can get married in Heaven.”
“Great!” said the couple “But we were just wondering; what if things don’t work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?”
St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slammed his clipboard on the ground.
“What’s wrong?” asked the frightened couple.
“OH, COME ON!!!” St. Peter shouted. “It took me 3 months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long it’ll take to find a lawyer?!!”
- Truck drivers go to heaven ;-D (laughonline.wordpress.com)
- Everything’s Free in Heaven (richwendling.wordpress.com)
- #gc2012 – An Answer for “Call to Action” (barefootpreachr.org)
- Driving In Heaven (oyiabrown.com)
- General Knowledge (oyiabrown.wordpress.com)
- Bob the Chicken – Joke. (ralphiesportal.me)
- Final vacation jokes: At St. Peter’s gate… (babyboomersandmore.com)
- You know its a really cold day when your lawyer has his hands in his pocket! (treebeard31.wordpress.com)
- The rich man going to heaven (kinyefunyefu.wordpress.com)
- Heaven and Hell (stargazer12.wordpress.com)