Feel free to ask any questions, that could make your stay in Spain easier or more enjoyable!?
Just to start us off:
– Post office boxes are yellow and are marked “Correos”.
– Instead of the habitual British fare, do try some tapas(snacks) or regular Spanish food.
– In most places you will NOT find public toilets. Bars and restaurants are ´supposed´to let you use them free of charge.
– Do not use shampoo or soap, when using the beach showers(heavy fines!).
– If you have ´unusual´questions or just tourist info, why not ask a street person(and tip them, please!).
– Watch out for pickpockets(these are usually well dressed).
– Watch out for women who offer you a flower(professional pick-pockets!).
– When sitting on a terrace, put your purse on your lap.
– Do not forget your sunblock! The Spanish sun is a killer.
– In this climate, it is imperative that you drink enough water. Remember: coffee and alcohol are diuretics, they get rid of your fluids -> replenish them!!
Any further questions, just ask!