Art from Santa Robaina Rodriguez:
Painting by Antonio Mancini:
Mancini was born in Rome and showed precocious ability as an artist. At the age of twelve, he was admitted to the Institute of Fine Arts in Naples, where he studied under Domenico Morelli (1823–1901), a painter of historical scenes who favored dramatic chiaroscuro and vigorous brushwork, and Filippo Palizzi (1818–1899), a landscape painter. Mancini developed quickly under their guidance, and in 1872, he exhibited two paintings at the Paris Salon
Painting by Richard Schmid:
Richard Schmid was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1934. His earliest artistic influence came from his maternal grandfather, Julian Oates, an architectural sculptor. Richard’s initial studies in landscape painting, figure drawing, and anatomy began at the age of twelve and continued into classical techniques under William H. Mosby at the American Academy of Art in Chicago.
Painting by Ilya Repin:
Ilya Repin was a talented Russian painter of the Peredvizhniki School, who was held up by the Soviet government as an artist to be imitated by the new school of Socialist Realists. At the age of 22, Repin began his art career at the Imperial Academy of Arts in St. Petersburg, the same time as the “Rebellion of the Fourteen,” when 14 young artists left the school after refusing to paint mythological paintings for their diplomas. These artists would later form the Society of the Peredvizhniki, which Repin joined in 1878. Repin and the free thinking “itinerants,” as they were also called, rebelled against the formal academy, insisting that art should reflect real life. As an art student, his travels took him to Italy, Paris and Impressionist Exhibitions, and although he was exposed to the vivid colors and quick brush strokes of the impressionist style, he remained true to his unique form of realism.
- On the 135 anniversary of Boris Kustodiev’s birth (rbth.ru)
- Incredible N.I.Fechin’s Colour Vibrations (decorartuk.wordpress.com)
- In the mountains of Zhiguli, a natural pearl of Russia (rbth.ru)
- Pop Culture Art History: Hillary White Remixes The Classics With Bizarrely Relevant Artworks (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nikolai Timkov’s Russian Winters (michelinewalker.com)
- Celebrity lookalikes spotted in classic paintings (thesun.co.uk)
- #The# : Boudin to Dufy: Impressionist and Other Masters from the Musees Des Beaux Arts, Le Havre (vulgar456ib.wordpress.com)
Well… check out Malaysian artist Hong Yi:
From Aurore Lephilipponnat, check her work out. It’s amazing!
What a handsome couple.
By Belgian artist Harald Calle, kunstschilder/tekenaar:
Art at its finest.
This woman is really an exceptional photographer!
Could come straight out of Lord of the Rings, don’t you think?
This lady is one heck of a photographer!
Night on a Moon lake,
Terra has just come up.